Pay.com is a financial technology company that allows businesses to accept and make payments anywhere, using any method. Our deep understanding of payment processing allows us to create solutions for online businesses of every size from new start-up to public companies.
We are developing the future of payment!
If you’re looking to be part of a fast-growing company that’s disrupting the payments industry by building transformative technology, then join our team and play a pivotal role in developing the future of Fintech
About this role
We are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect (“SA”) to drive net new conversions by supporting Business Development and Partner sales teams with active-sale solution scoping and post-sale conversion support (through to commercial live). The SA works cross-functionally with sales, product, and technical support personnel and is the technical-voice of Pay.com during the sales and implementation process.
This role requires an exceptional focus on problem solving, the ability to identify all solution requirements and to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences. The SA will leverage technical expertise to address and resolve design and integration challenges and remove implementation obstacles.
Upon successful completion of the introductory period, the SA would be eligible for a KPI based incentive. The company seeks to reward effective, conscientious individuals for the contribution to sales growth.
- Be customer-facing technical solution expert on all Pay.com products functionality
- Conceptualize and proactively manage technical solution pipeline to move opportunity through the sales pipeline
- Work closely with sales teams by designing, presenting, and supporting projects in an effort to close Opportunities and move them to commercial live
- Identify patterns in merchant and partner developer needs to help increase adoption of Pay.com solution and technical resources
- Work collaboratively with Sales to drive Lead solution design discussions with enterprise merchants and partners
- Communicate challenges and ecosystem recommendations to product team to drive improvement with protocol standards
- Own design and implementation projects of Opportunities through commercial live
- Meet or exceed design and implementation timelines
- Communicate upward any design or implementation challenges
- Communicate upward material implementation timeline changes by client and reason
- Record all pertinent solution, design, and implementation notes in Opportunity record in Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related discipline. Relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- 3+ years-experience in payment acquiring technical sales design and implementation
- 3+ years-experience with engaging and developing solution scope with external and internal customers
- Experience with card payment stack solution selling and presentation development
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and related business and communication tools
- Advanced proficiency using Salesforce (CRM) (must come with understanding of task and pipeline tracking using reports and dashboards)
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be organized and have excellent time management skills
- Ability to meet deadline requirements and to work at a very high level under pressure
- SA experience in FinTech and/or card payment industry
- Understanding of card payment cost components (interchange, card brand fees, et al)
- Pricing model development experience
- Experience working in a startup environment
What we offer
- Flexible working hours and balance work between the office and home
- Corporate/team/special events
- Lunch (HQ locations)
- Office snacks (HQ locations)
- Weekly happy hour (HQ locations)
- Working in a dynamic multicultural environment
- Opportunities to develop your personal and professional skills throughout your career
- Working in FinTech Startup in an Agile environment and with no bureaucracy